Overview of the course
The broad nature of this T Level will prepare you for a role in a huge range of sectors as every sector needs key business skills to be successful. Whether it’s a high street brand, a manufacturer or a healthcare, construction, legal or financial firm they all need skilled and astute business individuals to drive them forward and be successful.
To enable you to develop your holistic knowledge, skills and abilities in business you will cover a variety of topics including business and commercial awareness, communication skills and effective team working and leading. This means that when it comes to employment, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to go wherever your ambitions take you, working in a sector that excites you in a job role you can excel in.
Equivalent to three A Levels, this two-year programme has also been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses, so you can rest assured that the content is relevant and up to date.
You’ll spend 20% of your time on an Industry Placement, giving you vital experience in the world of work and a CV to wow future employers. Your employer may also provide you with that invaluable first reference, whilst a number of our students have also been offered full-time contracts following successful Industry Placements.
What you'll learn
In year 1 you will study the core skills, knowledge and behaviours essential for a successful career in business and in year 2 you will be given the option to specialise in either leadership and management or business improvement.
Topics covered include:
• Business Context
• Project Management
• Change Management
• Business Communication Skills
On your Industry Placement, you’ll experience life in any number of sectors but working in the management and administration roles. You could find yourself working on a real-life business development project, providing essential business support to others in the business, undertaking essential business research or working with clients to meet their needs and expectations.
Elements of study
Your programme consists of the following elements:
• Study of your chosen vocational subject - 80% of your programme
• Employability skills, such as punctuality, attendance, communication and team work but most especially the values and expectations of your chosen occupational sector
• Industry Placement, giving you a taste of working life – 20% of your programme
• Tutorial and personal development, such as healthy living, volunteering and citizenship skills
The Industry Placement is at the heart of your T Level; you’ll experience an extended sector-specific Industry Placement, completing a high-level project with an employer, for 20% of your programme.
You’ll be supported throughout by your own dedicated Workplace Coordinator, which means that on completion of your course, you’ll be work ready, with the qualifications and experience to progress to either your dream career or university!
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and Maths; or successful completion of a Level 2 programme, including GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 or above.
How will I be assessed?
You’ll be assessed via a mixture of assignments, employer-set projects and exam(s).
The sole purpose of a T Level is to prepare you for employment and a dynamic career. Due to the broad range of topics covered on the Management & Administration T Level, you’ll be equipped for a career in a variety of settings. You could work as a:
• Business Development Manager where you will be concerned with improving and growing a business by establishing and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners in a number of industries, including construction, manufacturing, IT and telecommunications. With an entry salary of £22,000 a Senior Business Development Management can command a salary of up to £80,000
• Supply Chain Manager where you are responsible for the movement of goods from manufactures and suppliers to the customer in sectors such as retail, healthcare and local and national government. With a starting salary of £24,000 the average salary for a senior supply chain manager is £47,000.
• Project Manager working in a range of sectors including engineering, manufacturing and architecture. Your role will be to manage processes, people and resources, working under pressure and to tight deadlines. Experienced Project Managers can earn between £40,000 to £80,000 per year
As the T Level is equivalent to three A Levels, you could even decide to progress to university or a paid Apprenticeship, if you choose.
Supporting your learning and wellbeing
We have a range of dedicated support and wellbeing services including FREE travel; FREE breakfast; dedicated Learning Development Mentors (LDMs); impartial advice and guidance; dedicated one-to-one support for learners with additional needs; and support with the cost of College, plus much more.
Sitting a job interview, writing a personal statement, applying for university - taking part in our enrichment programme will give you a CV to wow in all of these situations! You’ll benefit from departmental and cross-college enrichment with:
- Inspiring trips and experiences
- Meetings with industry experts
- Visits to leading companies in your sector
As well as giving you essential professional and technical skills, you’ll demonstrate that you’re a successful and well-rounded person, helping you to make a lasting impression.
We want you to have fun, so we also have plenty of leisure and sporting activities for you to enjoy, improving your health and wellbeing
Preparing for your career
As part of our Pre-Professionals Programme, you'll have your own personal Learning Development Mentor, supporting you throughout your time at College. You'll also have access to a Careers Advisors and Work Placement Officer - they'll help you to manage your studies; oversee your progress; aid in your personal development; and enrich your learning, giving you exposure to not only employers, but leading companies in your sector.
You'll benefit from masterclasses, industry visits and project-based learning, and you'll also receive support with CV writing, personal statements, mock interviews and more, so that when it comes to the crunch, you have the skills and confidence to impress.
Why choose us?
We’re an elite College, and part of the University of Bolton Group, offering you a gateway to all of Greater Manchester’s vast range of fantastic opportunities for specialist careers, university degree courses and higher Apprenticeships.
We’ll reward your achievements with trips to The Anderton Outdoor Activity Centre and the opportunity to apply for the prestigious Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Our £75 million campus offers a refurbished fitness suite and sports hall; Apple Mac suites; libraries, a lecture theatre; hair and beauty salon; and a restaurant, café and canteen.
You’ll also enjoy a wide range of events, including showcases, enterprise activities and cultural celebrations
How to apply?
Click the yellow ‘Apply’ button on this page.
You’ll be asked to set up a Learner Hub account so that you can track your application and enrol online. You’ll also be asked to book your interview for your course at the same time.
If you have any difficulties setting up your Learner Hub account, please email email@example.com
Open Events are the best way to discover what life as a Bolton College student is like, giving you an insight into College life.
Open Events at our Deane Road Campus are as follows:
- Tuesday 17th October 2023, 5pm-8pm
- Wednesday 15th November 2023, 5pm-8pm
- Thursday 14th December 2023, 5pm-8pm
- Tuesday 6th February 2024, 5pm-8pm
If you’d like to attend one of these events, register by visiting here
Although every care has been taken to ensure that the information contained within this document is accurate, there may be changes to this programme and provision. We will endeavour to keep prospective and current students updated where appropriate and when the information becomes available.