The Benefits of an Apprenticeship
Apprenticeships offer great opportunities for people of all ages; an Apprenticeship is a job with training to industry standards, enabling you to enter a recognised occupation. All Apprenticeships are employer led, and as well as providing long term earnings, they also give you the ability to progress.
• You’ll earn a wage as you’re learning and are entitled to paid holidays
• You can earn 10% more after studying on a Level 3 Apprenticeship than if you went straight in to work
• 90% of apprentices remain in employment, either with their current employer or another company
• 85% of employers participate in Apprenticeship programmes and consider them a good thing
• You can train to post graduate level without incurring any university fees
The role of a Personal Trainer is to coach clients, on a one to one and small group basis towards their health and fitness goals.
Through the design and provision of creative and personalised exercise programmes and instruction, nutritional advice and overall lifestyle management, Personal Trainers will motivate clients to positively change their behaviour and improve their overall wellbeing by providing specialist, tailored advice within their scope of practice, while always being aware of when to refer clients to relevant appropriate professionals for specialist information and guidance e.g. Physiotherapist, Registered Dietician, Medical Specialist.
A comprehensive understanding of business, finance, sales and marketing is also essential to enable the Personal Trainer to build and retain a stable client base. Personal Trainers are typically employed by a fitness or leisure centre or, once qualified, can be self-employed and should expect to work hours that may include evenings, weekends and public holidays.