mobile menu

Apply Now

Order Prospectus

Free Bus Pass

Free Bus Pass

Travelling to College on the Bus? We offer FREE travel to students*!

The best thing about your FREE travel card is you get to use it at weekends - other colleges tend to have set pick up and drop off times, but not us!


The System One Travel Card works on any bus in Greater Manchester, 7 days a week – that’s to College, to the cinema, to your mate’s house or even to meet a date!


Click here to find out more about the System One Travel Card


I’m interested, how can I apply?

Young people need to enrol at our Deane Road Campus and then visit Student Services, where we’ll help you complete a Bus Pass application form.


Am I eligible?

If your household income (parent/carer) is £20,000 or under per year you are able to apply for financial support whilst at College. This includes the travel pass as well as a Bursary and free College meals.


You will need to bring evidence of your household income/benefits, such as a benefits letter dated within the past 6 months; a tax credit notice dated on or after April 2018; two recent wage slips; and finally, a completed Financial Support application, available from Student Services during enrolment.


If your household income is over £20,000 you can still apply for a Scholar Bus Permit from GMPT. You will need to bring two passport sized photographs to enrolment, which we will stamp, and you will also complete a form.


The Permit costs £5 and is available from your local Bus Station.


Additionally, anyone aged between 16 and 18 who lives or studies in Greater Manchester can get 50% off a day’s unlimited travel on any bus in Greater Manchester. Anyone wanting to take advantage of the offer will first need a 16-18 get me there smart card, which can be ordered online at


*Bus pass is available to any young person (aged 16-18 years old) whose household income (i.e. parents/carers earnings) is less than £20,000, living more than 2km away from Bolton College.