Please be aware of the following when making your decision:
- This course is the Professional Graduate Certificate in Education 14+ / Certificate in Education 14+ delivered at Bolton College and awarded by the University of Bolton.
- We also offer a stand alone Award in Education Level 3 course which has a different recruitment process. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Although teachers work mainly with post-16 and/or adult learners, they are increasingly expected to work with younger learners within the 14-19 year-olds curriculum. This course reflects these changes.
- The course is run over one year full-time or two years part-time.
- During the academic year, you will need a minimum of 100 hours teaching practice (full-time route), or a minimum of 50 hours teaching practice per year (part-time route). We will guide you towards your placement but it is ultimately up to you to secure this.
- Unlike primary schools' teaching, the qualification will prepare you for teaching in any subject, but you will still need to choose a subject specialism for your course.