Sports & Fitness
Whether you have the drive and ambition to get to the top of the podium, or the passion and dedication to put someone else there, our Sport & Fitness qualifications will help you reach the peak of your game.
All our Sports learners study a broad span of units on their courses, covering topics to develop their understanding of:
- Anatomy and physiology of body systems
- Fitness testing and analysing results
- Sports development and current issues in sport
- Fitness training and programmes
- Psychology for sports performance
- Health & safety: Assessing risks and hazards in sport
- Practical sport and exercise participation
- Healthy eating and nutrition for sports performance
We provide opportunities to study BTEC Level 1 Diplomas, Level 2 up to Level 3 completing a Personal Training & Instructing Diploma. Specific courses on offer include our Football Academy, Coaching Academy and AASE Boxing Academy, working with industry professionals and athletes.
Achieving the full-time college qualification, together with practical experience gained from additional Sports Coaching & Fitness instructing awards, allows our learners to progress to more advanced courses, such as degrees, or directly into employment within the sector.