Careers / IAG
How Our Advisors Can Help You
Planning your career path can be a daunting prospect. Our Careers Advisors and Information Officers - based in Student Services – are available to offer impartial information, advice and guidance, tailored to your individual needs. The team can help and support you to find the right career path, whether you are a current or prospective student.
Our Advisors can help you to:
identify a career which suits your skills and qualifications
- work out a progression route to help you to achieve your goals
- complete applications to higher education, apprenticeship and employment opportunities
- apply for student finance for both level 3 and higher education courses
1:1 Careers Advice appointments are available to meet all of your Information, Advice and Guidance needs and can be booked in Student Services.
Thinking About University?
For students planning to progress to University, Advisors will support you to:
- research Universities and courses
- complete your UCAS application, including help with personal statements
- apply for Student Finance for Higher Education
- submit your application on time and to a high standard
UCAS drop-ins are held throughout the autumn term and up until the UCAS deadline.
Looking for a job?
Students wishing to enter employment can come along to our twice weekly ‘Job Club’ drop-in sessions. This service is run by our dedicated and experienced Information Officers and can help with:
- CV writing
- covering letters
- completing application forms
- preparing for an interview
- identifying current job opportunities
The Job Club will be of benefit to learners hoping to gain full time employment at the end of their studies, as well as students looking for seasonal or part-time work. You do not need to book an appointment to attend the Job Club – days and times will be advertised on the screens around college.
We have a range of online and paper based resources available, to help you to make informed decisions about all of your future options. Please contact the Student Services team on 01204 482 182 for further information about our services.